Budget Crunch: 6 delicious deals to try now
Got $10 and a friend? Then contributor Holly Fann has six delicious deals you need to devour this month.
1. The burger at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Clayton is a glorious, meaty, satisfying sammy. Usually priced at $16, the restaurant offers its massive 10-ounce burger with seasoned house-made chips for $10 Thursdays in the bar – a perfect opportunity to indulge in some of the city’s best beef at a budget-friendly price.
2. There are still a few more days to enjoy Anheuser-Busch annual holiday lights display through Dec. 30. After you stroll through the self-guided tour, head to the Biergarten where guests 21 and older can enjoy five 5-ounce samples of A-B beers and ciders. Food stations offer hot snacks; opt for $2.50 s’mores kits ready for the nearby fire pits.
3. Sriracha Granada is a glorious green, locally made hot sauce popping up all over city. With a touch more heat and slightly sweeter than the red Sriracha we are all familiar with, this sauce is delicious on anything from eggs to burgers to pho. Bottles sell for around $6 local shops including Edibles & Essentials and Fields Foods.
4. New to Laclede’s Landing, The Roaring Twenties fills you up on Tuesdays with a Two Dog Tuesday special: two of their loaded hot dogs or sausages, fries and a drink for $10. Try the heart stopping Cuckoo Dog, a beer-battered, deep-fried dog with beer-battered bacon, jack cheese sauce, caramelized onions and mustard, and pair it with the healthier Russo Dog, a veggie dog with cucumbers, tomato, red onions and basil relish.
5. The complex Spiced Caramel Spread sold at the Nathaniel Reid Bakery in Kirkwood is pure velvety caramel flavor. Reid suggested pairing it with fresh fruit, on ice cream, drizzled on pies and tarts or even in savory preparations like on a roast pork or duck breast. For $8.50, you may also enjoy a spoonful of it straight from the jar.
6. The $10 khao soi at Fork & Stix is the perfect remedy for wintertime woes. A gorgeous bowl is filled with a curry broth, egg noodles, red onions, crispy noodles and addictive pickled mustard greens and is perfect to cure what ails you.
More stories like this
Nick Bognar's Sado is off to running start with high-quality seafood on the Hill in St. Louis
Sado, the long-awaited new restaurant from Nick Bognar and his team, opened in March 2023 on ...
7 food and drink deals around St. Louis worth trying right now
We’re always on the lookout for reliable, low-cost favorites, happy hours and any other ways to ...
Barcelona Tapas Restaurant will reopen in Clayton in mid-August
After an absence of almost two years, Barcelona Tapas Restaurant will return to Clayton ...
Lousies on the Loop has closed permanently in University City
Lousies on the Loop has announced it is closing permanently with immediate effect. ...