Black Bean and Veggie “Sushi”
1 cup cooked black beans
Couple dashes sweet red chile sauce
Couple dashes sesame oil
1 10-inch flour tortilla
1 nori sheet
¼ cup cabbage, shredded
¼ cup carrots, shredded
½ red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, cut into thin strips
• In the bowl of a food processor, combine the black beans, avocado, red chile sauce and sesame oil. Purée until smooth.
• Spread half of the purée on the tortilla. Top with the nori sheet.
• Spread the remaining half of the bean purée on the nori.
• Arrange the cabbage, carrots and red bell pepper atop the nori side by side in long rows across the middle of the nori.
• Roll up tightly, press into a log and slice into 8 pieces.
• Serve with wasabi and pickled ginger and soy sauce, red chile sauce or oil for dipping.