Roasted Asparagus with Poached Egg
1 bunch asparagus
2 Tbsp. unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
1 Tbsp. minced dill
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Extra virgin olive oil
• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
• Trim the tough, woody ends from each spear of asparagus. Set aside.
• In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, dill and lemon juice. Using a spoon or potato masher, mash until soft. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using your fingers, shape into a ball. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
• Drizzle the asparagus with extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
• Place on a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and slightly browned.
• Meanwhile, poach 2 eggs. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to rest.
• Remove the asparagus from the oven and the butter from the refrigerator.
• Transfer the asparagus to a plate and top with the lemon-dill butter and poached eggs. Serve with toast.