1 lb. asparagus
1 cup freshly chopped basil
1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley
2 garlic cloves, peeled
¼ cup chopped walnuts
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Trim the tough, woody ends from each spear of asparagus.
• Steam the asparagus for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
• Transfer to a food processor and purée. As the asparagus beings to break down, add the basil, parsley, garlic and walnuts. Slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream.
• Process until smooth.
• Transfer to a small bowl and fold in the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Use as a sauce for pasta, or serve as a spread or dip with bread, crackers or fresh vegetables.