Duck Egg Kinda-Carbonara Appetizer
1 lb. uncooked rotini pasta
3 duck eggs
½ cup grated Parmesan, plus additional for serving
5 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
1 medium white onion, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Cook the pasta in unsalted water until al dente according to the directions on the box. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
• Whisk together the eggs, Parmesan and warm (not hot) reserved pasta water. Set aside.
• In a large saute pan, fry the bacon and onion over medium heat until the bacon is crispy and the onion is translucent.
• Reduce the heat to low and add the cooked pasta to the bacon and onions.
• Stir in the egg mixture, tossing to coat the pasta. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until the egg mixture turns opaque.
• Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
• Serve immediately, with extra Parmesan on the side.