Smoked Salmon with Capers, Onions & Fresh Herb Tagliatelle
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup julienned yellow onions
12 oz. high-quality smoked wild salmon
2 Tbsp. capers, drained
Salt and white pepper to taste
4 5-oz. nests of Stellina herb tagliatelle
2 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill or parsley
• In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of water and 3 tablespoons salt to a boil.
• Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté them for 2 to 3 minutes until they are translucent.
• Add the capers and the salmon and reduce the heat to low. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Cook the tagliatelle for 90 to 100 seconds, stirring regularly.
• Drain the pasta and add it to the salmon mixture in the skillet. Add the butter and toss to combine.
• Check the seasoning and garnish with the dill or parsley.
• Serve immediately.