Pork Tenderloin with Cumin and Agave
Ingredients1 tsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. agave sweetener
½ cup dry red wine
¼ cup red wine vinegar
5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, separated
1 pork tenderloin
Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Put cumin, agave, red wine, vinegar and 3 Tbsp. olive oil into a re-sealable bag, and mash until combined.
• Add pork tenderloin to marinade and put in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
• Remove tenderloin from bag, and reserve marinade.
• Sprinkle salt and pepper on the tenderloin and add about 2 Tbsp. olive oil to a non-stick skillet placed over high heat.
• Lightly salt and pepper the tenderloin. Sear the tenderloin on all sides (about 1 minute per side) and then put the skillet in the oven for 20 minutes.
• While the pork is cooking, bring the marinade to a boil in a saucepan, lower the flame and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until it is reduced by about half.
• When the pork reaches about 150 degrees, remove it from the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Serve the pork with the reduction drizzled over it.