Clarksville Station’s Dumplings with Saffron, Fennel and Johnny-Jump-Ups
½ cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. butter
2 pinches saffron
½ cup Johnny-jump-ups, coarsely chopped
¼ cup fennel fronds, finely minced
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper
3 to 4 quarts of stock based on main dish (optional)
• In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the heavy cream, butter and saffron, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
• Remove from the heat.
• Add the Johnny-jump-ups and fennel fronds.
• Temper the eggs into the mixture.
• Whisk in the flour, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Mold the mixture into two 3-ounce dumplings.
• In a large pot, cook the dumplings in lightly boiling water or stock until they float.
• Strain the dumplings and serve.
Tags : Saffron