3 cups extra virgin olive oil
2 pinches saffron threads
18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 large lemon
18 fresh basil leaves
• Combine the olive oil and saffron in a medium pan. Place over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the saffron starts to color the oil. Remove the saffron.
• Heat the infused oil to 165 to 180 degrees. Add the shrimp and cook until opaque, approximately 8 minutes.
• Using a mandoline, thinly slice the lemon into rounds. Set aside.
• Wrap each poached shrimp in a basil leaf and secure with a cocktail pick.
• Layer the lemon slices on a serving platter, and then arrange the wrapped shrimp over the lemon slices. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with a spicy cocktail sauce.
Tags : Shrimp