Shaved Fennel Salad
1 fennel bulb, fronds attached
Fruity, flavorful extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Cut the green stalks off of the fennel bulb and set aside. Trim off the tough bottom.
• Using a mandoline, thinly shave the fennel bulb and place the slices in a bowl of ice water. Soak for 45 minutes. Drain and thoroughly dry.
• In a large bowl, toss together the fennel slices, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Shave the pecorino cheese over the fennel mixture, also to taste. Toss again.
• Garnish with trimmings of the reserved fronds.