Monarch's Chai Tea Sour
Editor's note: Monarch has closed.
2 oz. strong brewed ruby chai tea*
1 oz. simple syrup
¾ oz. lemon juice
• Combine all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
• Add cubed ice and shake the drink hard for at least 20 seconds to ensure the proper combination of ingredients and dilution.
• Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
• Garnish with a lemon twist.
* Selsor recommended Numi organic teas. For something with a bit more spice, he also recommended substituting the simple syrup with a mix of half an ounce of simple syrup and half an ounce of ginger beer syrup. To brighten the Sour with bubbles, top it with club soda or sparkling water.