Green Garlic Fonduta
2 cups heavy cream
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 oz. soft goat cheese
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1 bunch fresh garlic scapes, minced
• Combine the cream, thyme and bay leaf in a small pot over medium heat. When the mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat and allow the herbs to infuse the cream for 15 minutes.
• In a bowl, combine the Parmesan and goat cheeses. Pour the cream mixture over the cheeses, whisking constantly until the cheeses have melted and the sauce is emulsified.
• Season to taste with salt and pepper, then strain into a clean bowl and set aside.
• Sprinkle minced garlic scapes on top.
• Pour 1/4 cup atop individual servings of prepared teff, risotto, polenta or your favorite grain.
Tags : Garlic scapes