Petite Truffle and Corn Flan
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cornmeal
1 Tbsp. sugar
¼ tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
8 Tbsp. butter, divided
2 cups whole-kernel sweet corn
2 cups sour cream
Pinch of cayenne
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 oz. black truffles, diced or julienned
1 oz. white truffles, shaved, for garnish (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
• Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
• Melt 7 tablespoons of the butter, and in a large bowl, combine it with the corn, eggs, sour cream and cayenne.
• Fold the flour mixture into the corn mixture and stir in the cheese and black truffles.
• Butter eight ramekins with the remaining tablespoon of butter. Spoon the flan mixture into the ramekins, cover them with foil and place them in a large baking pan.
• Add water to the pan to create a water bath.
• Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the ramekins from the water bath and allow the flan to cool on a rack.
• Run a thin knife inside each ramekin to loosen the flan and invert onto individual plates.
• Garnish with white-truffle shavings if desired.