Potato Salad With Sauce Gribiche
The sauce gribiche can be made a day ahead of time.
3 medium shallots, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. capers
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 Tbsp. whole-grain Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
¼ cup red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2 lbs. creamer-sized potatoes
3 stalks celery, sliced
• To make the sauce gribiche, blend the shallots, capers, eggs, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper, and olive oil in a food processor or blender.
• Stir in the chopped parsley. Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
• Cut the potatoes in half and add to a large pot of salted boiling water.
• Return the water to a boil, and then simmer the potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
• After the potatoes cool, add the celery and gently toss.
• Pour on the sauce gribiche. Gently toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.