Summer Corn Salad
When it’s too hot to cook, we crave recipes that rely on fresh summer produce to do all the work for us. This refreshing dish proves you can forgo the heat and still eat well in just a few simple steps – especially if you add a wine that complements your seasonal ingredients.
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Chopped fresh parsley, to taste
• Prepare a grill for high heat. Shuck the corn, brush lightly with olive oil and grill over high heat until charred on all sides, about 4 minutes. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
• Prepare the dressing by combining the apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, sugar, lime juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine, then slowly stream in 2 tablespoons olive oil while whisking constantly. Set aside.
• Cut the corn off the cob and add to a large bowl.
• Add the avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper and parsley to the bowl, then drizzle with the desired amount of dressing. Toss to combine.