Spiced and Sweet Mixed Nuts
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups (about 1¼ lbs.) whole nuts, preferably almonds, pecans and cashews
• Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and grease a rimmed baking sheet with oil or nonstick cooking spray.
• In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, salt, paprika, cayenne, chili powder, black pepper and Old Bay. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg white until slightly foamy. Stir in the spice mixture until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the nuts until evenly coated.
• Spread the nuts in a single even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 25 minutes. Let cool, stirring every few minutes to prevent sticking. Once completely cool, break up any remaining clumps. Transfer to gift packaging, making sure the nuts are not warm or they may get soggy.