Blue Cheese “Cookies”
- ½ cup pecan halves, toasted
- ¾ cup flour
- 4 Tbsp. very cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 oz. strong blue cheese such as Stilton, crumbled
• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
• In a food processor, pulse the pecans until finely ground. Add the flour and pulse briefly to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the cheese and process until the dough comes together and is well combined. Transfer the dough to a clean work surface.
• Shape the dough into a 2½-inch-wide log. Wrap the log with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
• Cut the chilled log into ¼-inch-thick slices. Transfer the slices to 2 baking sheets and bake until golden brown and firm in the center, rotating the sheets halfway through cooking, 25 to 35 minutes total. The crackers should not get too dark around the edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.