Miso Potato Salad
1 lb. baby potatoes
2 tsp. neutral oil like peanut or vegetable
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
¹∕³ cup mayonnaise
4 tsp. miso*
1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1∕4 cup sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
• Place potatoes in large glass or ceramic dish and add water until filled about ¼ inch.
• Cover and microwave on high 7 minutes.
• Heat a large skillet over medium-high, then add the neutral oil and potatoes to the skillet. Using the bottom of a glass, press each potato flat to about ½-inch thick and cook until a crust forms, about 5 minutes.
• Flip the potatoes and cook until a crust forms on the other side, about 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with the kosher salt and garlic, and remove the skillet from heat. Let cool to room temperature.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, miso and seasoned rice vinegar. Fold in the potatoes and ¼ cup scallions. Chill 1 hour. Drizzle with the sesame oil and top with additional scallions to serve.
*Any miso will work well, but Bulrush uses a house-made roasted potato miso available for purchase on its curbside carryout menu. bulrushstl.com