Gingerbread-White Chocolate Blondies
2¾ cups plus 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1¼ tsp. baking soda
1¼ tsp. kosher salt
1¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground cloves
1¼ cups (2½ sticks) room-temperature butter
1¼ cups light brown sugar, packed
½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 large eggs, plus 1 large egg yolk
1/3 cup mild molasses
1¼ tsp. vanilla extract
10 oz. white chocolate, coarsely chopped
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 17-by-12-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray, then line the bottom with parchment and coat the parchment.
• In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Set aside.
• Beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Add eggs and yolk 1 at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in the molasses and vanilla, then gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Stir in the white chocolate.
• Spread the batter into the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the edges are golden, about 25 minutes.
• Let cool completely on the sheet on a wire rack. Cut into 2-inch squares or use a cookie cutter to cut into shapes.