1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cubed
8 oz. room-temperature cream cheese
2/3 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
¼ tsp. fine salt
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 cup dried apricots
½ cup water
¼ cup brandy
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1 large egg, lightly beaten
• Line 2 baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
• In a food processor, blend the butter, cream cheese, 3 tablespoons sugar and salt until combined.
• Add the flour and pulse until dough forms. Divide the dough in half, flatten into discs and tightly wrap in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours or overnight. Set aside.
• In a small pot, bring the apricots, water, brandy and cinnamon to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 7 minutes.
• Transfer to a clean food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Stir in the walnuts and remaining 2/3 cup sugar. Let cool, then fold in the chocolate chips.
• Working with 1 disc at a time on a floured surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Spread with half the filling, leaving a 1-inch border.
• Cut into 16 wedges. Starting from the outside edge, tightly roll each wedge; place on the baking sheets, seam side down. Lightly brush with the egg. Freeze 30 minutes.
• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees with the racks in upper and lower thirds. Bake until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes, rotating halfway through. Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.