4 matzo crackers
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. plus a pinch kosher salt
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
⅓ cup toasted coconut or chopped nuts
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and top with parchment paper. Break matzo into pieces and arrange evenly on the baking sheet.
• In a saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the unsalted butter and the dark brown sugar until the mixture begins to boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes until it thickens.
• Remove from heat and carefully stir in the vanilla extract. Pour over the matzo, covering it completely. Bake 10 minutes.
• Remove from oven and immediately scatter the chocolate chips on top. Let stand 1 minute.
• Spread the melted chocolate across the surface and sprinkle with salt and toasted coconut or chopped nuts. Let cool, then break into chunks. Store in a sealed container for up to 1 week.