Lemon-Raspberry Mini Doughnut Muffins
6 Tbsp. butter at room temperature, plus more for greasing
1½ cup flour, plus more for dusting
1¼ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup raspberry jam
¼ cup lemon curd
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. milk or water
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 24-cup mini-muffin tin and set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
• In another large bowl, use an electric mixer on high speed to cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and beat until combined, then add the buttermilk and beat until incorporated. Use a spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
• Evenly divide the batter into the muffin cups and fill them to capacity. Smooth the tops so the batter is flush with the rims. Bake 14 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Transfer to a rack to cool.
• Scoop the center out of each muffin and use a piping bag to fill the centers of each with raspberry jelly and lemon curd.
• Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk, adding more liquid as needed to achieve a glaze consistency. Brush the tops of each muffin with the glaze and let set.
Add a little cocoa powder to the glaze to sate a chocolate craving. For a cinnamon-sugar fix, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix together ¼ cup sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Dip the muffins into the butter, then the cinnamon-sugar and let dry.