Raspberry Fool with Angelic 'Croutons'
1 store-bought angel food cake, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
12 oz. raspberries
4 Tbsp. sugar, divided
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. almond extract
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Place the cake pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toast about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
• Set a few raspberries aside for garnish. Mash the remaining raspberries in a bowl with 2 tablespoons sugar. Set aside to macerate.
• In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream, the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the almond extract using an electric mixer on high until soft peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
• Place a layer of cake pieces in the bottom of 4 glasses. Add a layer of macerated raspberries, then a layer of whipped cream. Repeat layers to the top of the glasses, then garnish each with a few whole berries.