Pistachio and Fig Granola
3 cups rolled oats
1½ cups hulled salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup brown sugar
¼ cup agave or maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
¾ cup coconut oil (melted) or olive oil
1½ cups dried figs, chopped
½ cup dried cranberries or other chopped dried fruit
1 tsp. orange zest
• Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
• In a large bowl, combine the oats, pistachios, brown sugar, agave, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves. Pour the oil over the mixture and stir to coat.
• Using a spatula, evenly spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even browning.
• Remove from the oven, pour into a bowl and stir in the dried fruit and orange zest.
• Store at room temperature in an airtight container up to 1 week.