1 lb. spicy fresh sausage, casings removed
1 bunch Broccolini
1 lb. dried orecchiette pasta
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• In a deep skillet, brown the sausage over medium heat.
• While the sausage cooks, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Blanch the Broccolini for 1 minute, then transfer it to a bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain it and roughly chop. Set aside.
• In the same pot, boil the orecchiette 1 minute less than the recommended cooking time.
• Transfer the al dente pasta to the skillet with the sausage, along with the Broccolini and ¼ cup of pasta water. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
• Remove from heat, toss in the Parmesan cheese and serve.