White Asparagus Frittata
1 jar white asparagus
1 small potato, peeled and thinly sliced
½ large yellow onion, peeled and finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
9 egg whites
1 cup shredded fontina cheese
2 Tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Cut the asparagus stalks in half.
• In a skillet over medium heat, saute the potato. When the potato begins to soften, add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onion is translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
• In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites.
• To the bowl, add the fontina and parsley. Mix well.
• Add the potato-onion-garlic mixture and season with salt and white pepper to taste. Stir well.
• Fold in the white asparagus.
• Re-heat the same skillet and coat with olive oil. Add the egg mixture. Cook until the frittata begins to take shape.
• Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake, covered, for 20 minutes.
• Uncover, and bake for 5 more minutes, or until the frittata is cooked through and the top begins to brown.
• Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.