JFires' Market Bistro's Pesto Perpetuo Bloody Mary
You'll need a juicer for this recipe.
5 fresh or 4 oz. canned plum tomatoes
¼-inch piece green onion
1 rib celery
Sea salt for rimming the glass
1½ oz. Olifant Vodka
3 to 5 Pesto Perpetuo basil leaves
2 red-veined sorrel leaves
5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Juice of half a lime slice
½ tsp. prepared horseradish
Pea-sized amount anchovy paste
3 dashes salt
2 dashes black pepper
For the garnish
Sword layered with an olive, pepperoni and Parmesan cheese
Top of Pesto Perpetuo basil plant
1 medium red-veined sorrel leaf
• Juice the tomatoes, green onion and celery.
• Rim a tall glass with the sea salt and fill it with ice.
• Place a scoop of ice in a bar shaker. Add the vodka, basil and sorrel. Shake vigorously for 30 to 40 seconds.
• Add the remaining ingredients plus the juiced ingredients into the shaker. Shake 2 to 3 times and strain into the glass with ice.
• Garnish with the sword laying across the rim of the glass, topped with the basil and sorrel leaf.