2 quarts water
½ cup kosher salt
¼ cup sugar
1 12-oz. bottle Louisiana-style hot sauce
3 lbs. chicken wings
Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving (optional)
• In a large stockpot, whisk together the water, salt and sugar until the salt and sugar dissolve. Whisk in the hot sauce, then submerge the wings in the brine and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
• Prepare a charcoal grill for high, indirect heat. Soak a handful of apple wood chips in water.
• Remove the wings from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. Discard the brine.
• Add the wood chips to the hot coals, then grill the chicken wings over indirect heat 15 to 20 minutes. Flip and grill over indirect heat another 15 to 20 minutes, until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the wing reads 165 degrees.
• Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping, if desired.
Tags : Chicken