¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
Grated zest of 1 large lemon
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 lb. large shrimp (about 24), peeled and devined
1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
1 medium avocado, cut into 1/2- inch pieces
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
1 Tbsp. light agave nectar
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 head butter lettuce, separated into leaves
• In a medium bowl, mix together ¼ cup of the olive oil, the soy sauce, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, chives, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss until coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Place a pan grill over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
• Using a pastry brush, brush the zucchini halves with 1 teaspoon oil. Grill until tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. Grill the shrimp until pink and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to the cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut the zucchini and shrimp into ½-inch pieces.
• In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, agave, mustard, the remaining salt and pepper until smooth.
• In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, shrimp and avocado. Add the dressing and gently toss until all ingredients are coated. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the salad into the butter lettuce leaves.