Fire erupts at Soulard’s Restaurant
Longtime neighborhood staple Soulard’s Restaurant & Bar caught fire Friday, March 17.
St. Louis Fire Department Capt. Garon Patrick Mosby said the fire started at the restaurant, located at 1731 S. Seventh St., when an employee was burning off some grease from a stove, and the fire “got away from him.” No one was injured. “Investigators have ruled it was an accidental incident,” Mosby said.
Soulard’s owner did not return requests for comment, but did announce the fire on the restaurant’s Facebook page.
This marks the fourth St. Louis-area restaurant fire in six months. Fellow Soulard business The Sweet Divine caught fire in October 2016; Waterloo brewery Hopskellar also suffered a fire just one month after opening. Most recently, a fire broke out on the second floor of Giovanni’s on The Hill, causing smoke and water damage to the dining room.
Matt Sorrell is a staff writer for Sauce Magazine.
More stories like this
7 ways St. Louis businesses are giving back during the coronavirus pandemic
As the devastating effects of COVID-19 send shockwaves through our community, some locals are stepping up ...
Dozens of St. Louis restaurants temporarily shutter in wake of COVID-19 crisis
Many St. Louis restaurants and bars have opted to temporarily close during the coronavirus pandemic.