Boogaloo’s Apple-wood smoked ice
• Add apple-wood chips to a wood-fired smoker, and light the smoker.
• Fill a metal sheet cake pan (or any metal pan with a high rim) with 1 inch of filtered water.
• When the temperature of the smoker reaches 170 to 200 degrees, place the pan of water inside the smoker and close the lid. Leave the pan in the smoker for 3½ to 4 hours. Then, remove the pan and let it cool.
• Transfer the pan to the freezer. If you like, you can first transfer the smoked water to 5 ice cube trays, and then place them in the freezer. Freeze until the ice is solid, preferably overnight.
• When ready, break the cubes using a muddler or ice pick. If you’re using trays, simply separate the cubes.
• To use, add 3 smoked ice cubes to a shaker, along with your cocktail ingredients. Shake and strain into a glass. Do not use the smoked ice inside the glass.