Ingredients1 1/2 cups potatoes
1 medium white onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
6 medium zucchini, chopped
Kosher salt to taste
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup feta cheese, plus additional to garnish
• Peel, chop and boil the potatoes until they are fork-tender. Drain and set aside.
• Coat a Dutch oven with olive oil.
• Add the onion and jalapeno and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
• Add the garlic and zucchini. Sprinkle with kosher salt and saute for 10 minutes.
• Add the boiled potatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
• Remove from heat. Stir in the basil and purée.
• Return the soup to the pot and add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
• Whisk in the heavy cream and 1/4 cup of feta cheese.
• Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with black pepper and more feta.