- 1½ lbs. bacon, cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- ¾ cup brewed coffee
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
• In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered and the bacon is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels and set aside.
• Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from the skillet and return to heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the coffee, vinegar, brown sugar and maple syrup. Stirring and scraping up browned bits from the skillet with a wooden spoon, let boil about 2 minutes. Add the bacon and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered until liquid is syrupy, 1 to 1½ hours.
• Let the bacon jam cool completely, then transfer to a glass jar and seal tightly.