Marinated Grilled Skirt Steak
Turn leftovers into an easy appetizer by serving the grilled steak on dollar rolls dolloped with either red or green chimichurri.
1 1½- to 2-lb. outside skirt steak
½ cup basic green or red chimichurri, plus more for serving
½ cup olive oil
2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• Cut the steak in half so it fits in a glass baking dish without folding.
• In a small bowl, combine the chimichurri, olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
• Pour the marinade over the meat in the baking dish, making sure it’s evenly covered. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
• Remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature. Prepare a grill for high, direct heat.
• Blot the steak dry with paper towels and season with the pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Grill the steak 3 minutes per side. To serve, cut the steak against the grain and garnish with additional chimichurri.
Tags : Steak