Gambas Al Ajillo
¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
¼ cup butter
1 lb. (26 to 30) tail-on, small shrimp, peeled and deveined
½ cup fresh chopped garlic
10 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp. fresh, chopped oregano, basil or marjoram
Kosher salt, to taste
• Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for high, direct heat.
• Cut the baguette in thirds and slice each third in half, lengthwise. Drizzle the bread with 2 tablespoons olive oil and set aside.
• Place a large cast-iron skillet over the hottest part of the grill and add the remaining ¼ cup olive oil and the butter. When the oil and butter are melted, add the shrimp, garlic and tomatoes, and saute 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly to keep the garlic from scorching.
• When the shrimp are almost done and look opaque, remove from heat and add the lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Toss well.
• Grill the bread cut side down 1 minute.
• Add the oregano and salt to the skillet and serve with the grilled bread.