2 to 3 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for roasting
3 cups piquillo peppers, preferably Matiz Navarro
1 cup toasted walnuts
11∕8 tsp. cumin
¹∕³ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup pomegranate molasses
2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
• Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
• Rub the garlic cloves with olive oil, place on a baking sheet and roast 20 minutes. Set aside, and reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees.
• Rinse the piquillo peppers and pat dry.
• Oil the baking sheet and add the peppers in an even layer. Roast 12 minutes to dry. Let cool.
• In a food processor, combine the peppers, garlic, walnuts, cumin and cinnamon. Pulse until the pepper mixture forms a smooth paste.
• With the food processor running, add the pomegranate molasses, grapeseed oil and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Continue processing until fully incorporated.
• Serve with crackers or pita, use as spread for sandwiches or as a sauce for grilled meat.