1 medium strawberry
2 oz. bourbon (I recommend Four Roses Single Barrel.)
¾ oz. lemon juice
½ oz. simple syrup*
2 dashes Angostura bitters
Ginger beer, to top (I recommend Fever-Tree.)
Lemon wheel, for garnish
• In a cocktail shaker, muddle the strawberry.
• Add the bourbon, lemon juice, syrup, bitters and ice to the shaker. Shake 17 seconds.
• Double strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a Collins glass filled with fresh ice.
• Top with the ginger beer and garnish with the lemon wheel.
* To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool before using.