Peacemaker Lobster & Crab Co.’s Succotash
6 ears corn, shucked
¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 red bell peppers, diced small
2 green bell peppers, diced small
2 yellow bell peppers, diced small
1 red onion, diced small
2 cups fresh lima, fava or soy beans
2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
½ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. coriander
¹∕³ tsp. ground caraway
Pinch ground mace
Pinch ground fenugreek
1 tsp. chiffonade fresh mint
1½ Tbsp. tomato paste
½ chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
¹∕³ cup rice wine vinegar
¹∕³ cup water
• Slice the corn from the cob; discard the cobs.
• In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, saute the corn in 1 tablespoon olive oil until light brown, about 3 minutes. Spread on a sheet pan and refrigerate until cool.
• In the same pan, saute the bell peppers over medium-high heat in 1 tablespoon olive oil until just softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Spread on a sheet pan and refrigerate until cool.
• In the same pan, saute the onion over high heat in 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and cook another 5 to 6 minutes, until soft. Spread on a sheet pan and refrigerate until cool.
• Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to boil over high heat. Blanch the beans until tender, 1 to 3 minutes. Prepare an ice bath, then drain the beans and shock them in the ice bath. When cool, drain and set aside.
• Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the garlic, cumin, coriander, caraway, mace, fenugreek, mint, tomato paste, chipotle pepper and vinegar on high speed. With the machine running, slowly add the remaining olive oil until emulsified. With the machine still running, slowly thin the dressing with water until it coats the back of a spoon.
• Place the beans in a large mixing bowl. Add the cooled corn, bell peppers and onions. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature.