Dark Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1¼ cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa, such as Ghirardelli Premium Baking Cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1½ cups plain soy milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
• In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
• In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the coconut oil, soy milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
• Make a well in the center of the bowl with the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into it. Mix well using the hand mixer. Add the apple cider vinegar and mix again.
• Distribute the batter evenly among the cupcake liners. Bake 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.