Todd Porter and Diane Cu’s Herb-crusted Salmon
½ cup breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
2 tsp. kosher or sea salt
1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
4 8-ounce salmon fillets, rinsed and patted dry
• In a bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, tarragon, basil, salt, and pepper. Pour in the butter and mix well.
• Spread the mixture evenly over both sides of the fillets.
• Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the salmon to the pan; if the fillets still have the skin on, place them skin-side down first. Sear for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip the fillets over.
• Reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes, until the fillets are cooked to your preferred doneness.
• Serve warm with braised Brussels sprouts alongside.
Tags : Salmon