Grilled Endive Salad with Cannellini Beans
1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
¼ cup chopped fresh dill, divided
4 heads Belgian endive
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
• Prepare the grill for high, direct heat.
• Meanwhile, in a saute pan over medium-low heat, warm the cannellini beans for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and remove from heat.
• In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, ¼ cup olive oil and half the dill, and toss with the beans. Set aside.
• Trim the ends of the endive, without removing the stem holding the leavings together. Slice each head in half lengthwise. Brush the cut side of the endive with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
• Brush the grate with a bit of olive oil and grill the endive about 4 minutes, until leaves just begin to curl and char. Remove from heat.
• Place the grilled endive cut-side-up in a serving dish. Spoon the beans over the endive and top with remaining dill and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot or room temperature.
Tags : Beans