Avocado Mousse in Chocolate Cups
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 ripe Haas avocado, peeled and pitted
¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
½ cup whipping cream
3 Tbsp. blood orange juice (or regular orange juice)
• Clean and dry an empty foam egg carton* and cut out each cup.
• Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt on high 30 seconds. Remove, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds, repeating as necessary until the chocolate chips are fully melted. Pour about 1 tablespoon of melted chocolate into each cup and tilt to coat the sides. Place the cups on a baking sheet and freeze 30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place the avocado, condensed milk and whipping cream in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the blood orange juice, and pulse again. Remove the blade, scrape down sides, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
• To assemble, carefully slide a knife between the egg carton cup and the chocolate; the edible cup should come out easily. Fill each chocolate cup with a scoop of the chilled mousse. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then serve.
* You can also use foil or silicon cupcake liners.
Tags : Avocado