Anyone can whip up a pint (plus a bit to spare) of this tart pantry perk, but it takes some serious willpower not to grab a spoon and eat the entire silky spread straight from the pan. Spread it on toast, scones, biscuits, pancakes, crepes or French toast, stir it into plain yogurt, or use it to spike your morning parfait.
3 large eggs
1¼ cups granulated sugar
¾ cup butter, at room temperature
Zest and juice of 3 lemons (about 2/3 cup lemon juice)
• Whisk together the eggs in a large saucepan.
• Add the sugar, butter, lemon zest and juice to the pan. Stir well.
• Cook on medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring periodically.
• Reduce heat to low and let cook 2 minutes longer, stirring gently.
• Turn off the heat and let the curd sit for 1 to 2 hours to thicken.
• Pour into clean jars, seal and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Tags : Lemon