Make this: Grilled oysters with spiced tequila butter
Oysters are one of my favorite things to grill. Heating them makes them oh so easy to open. Make sure you have a towel to hold them as you pop the top shell off. Rock salt on the platter ensures that all of the butter and tequila stay in the shell.
4 to 6 servings
- 6 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 2-3 tsp. adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. lime zest
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 2 dozen oysters
- 3-4 tsp. tequila
- Lime wedges, for garnish
• In a small mixing bowl, combine the butter, chipotles, cilantro, red onion, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, salt and pepper. Using a fork, mash until mixed well.
• Spoon the butter mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap. Roll the wrap into a log and then chill until ready to use.
• Preheat grill to approximately 450 degrees. Cut the butter into thin coins.
• Line a platter with rock salt.
• Place the oysters, flat side up, on the grill over high heat until they open, 1 to 2 minutes.
• Discard the flat top shell. Place a butter coin on each of the oysters, then cook another 1 to 2 minutes or until the oysters are bubbling.
• Remove oysters from the grill and spoon ¼ tsp. tequila over each oyster and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
• Serve immediately with lime wedges and additional cilantro for garnish.
Tags : Recipes
More stories like this
Make this: Grilled pork burgers with country mustard and quick pickles
It wouldn’t be a barbecue without a burger.
7 grilling tips for your backyard BBQs
Enjoy those long summer nights with a cold cocktail in one hand and your favorite tongs ...