Sauce seeks editorial interns for fall 2021
Attention journalism, communications and English students: Sauce Magazine is seeking both remote and in-person editorial interns for fall 2021.
We need students with a passion for the St. Louis food scene who want to translate that love to print and online media. As a Sauce editorial intern, you will:
• Assist Sauce editorial team with the production of the monthly print publication and daily online products. Duties include, but are not limited to, reporting, conducting interviews, writing and contributing to online and print articles, fact checking, assisting with research for upcoming articles, interview transcription, etc.
• Hone your reporting, writing and editing skills with the goal of producing published clips for use in future portfolios
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Sauce editorial intern must have:
• A passion for the St. Louis food scene and the written word
• A working knowledge of AP Style, grammar rules, Microsoft Office and Mac computer systems
• A working knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience conducting phone interviews and writing news articles for print/online publication
• A personable and professional attitude in online, phone and written communication
• The ability to manage his or her time efficiently; should be a self-starter
• A reliable mode of transportation
This internship is unpaid; internship begins in August and ends in December. Scheduling is flexible, but the intern must be available about 5 to 10 hours a week.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, semester class and/or work schedule and three to five writing clips to Lauren Healey at pr[at]saucemagazine.com. Please include whether you're interested in remote or in-person work or both. No calls, please.
Tags : People
More stories like this
What I Do: Noah Offenkrantz, CEO of Find Your Farmer
Find Your Farmer is an online grocery store and delivery service sourcing products from local, ethical ...
Ones to Watch 2022 // Cameron Harrison
Cameron Harrison, junior sous chef at The Lucky Accomplice, is cool, calm and quickly climbing the ...