Sauce seeks editorial interns for summer 2021
Attention journalism, communications and English students: Sauce Magazine is seeking remote editorial interns for summer 2021.
We need students with a passion for the St. Louis food scene who want to translate that love to print and online media. As a Sauce editorial intern, you will:
• Assist Sauce editorial team with the production of the monthly print publication and daily online products. Duties include, but are not limited to, reporting, conducting interviews, writing and contributing to online and print articles, fact checking, assisting with research for upcoming articles, interview transcription, etc.
• Hone your reporting, writing and editing skills with the goal of producing published clips for use in future portfolios
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Sauce editorial intern must have:
• A passion for the St. Louis food scene and the written word
• A working knowledge of AP Style, grammar rules, Microsoft Office and Mac computer systems
• A working knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience conducting phone interviews and writing news articles for print/online publication
• A personable and professional attitude in online, phone and written communication
• The ability to manage his or her time efficiently; should be a self-starter
• A reliable mode of transportation
This internship is unpaid; internship begins in May and ends in August. Scheduling is flexible, but the intern must be available about 5 hours a week. While the majority of work will be done remotely, interns may be needed occasionally to help with events pending the state of the pandemic.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, semester class and/or work schedule and three to five writing clips to Lauren Healey at lhealey[at]saucemagazine.com. All resumes must be submitted no later than May 10. No calls, please.
More stories like this
What I Do: Aaron Cummings, chef de cuisine of The Caramel Room
Aaron Cummings oversees every aspect of the kitchen, from hiring and training personnel to creating unique ...
Ones to Watch 2021 // Andrew Enrique Cisneros
By 28, Cisneros has already undergone a full cosmopolitan odyssey that’s taken him to a point ...