9 reasons to go to The Crow's Nest right now
The Crow’s Nest website invites you to “come see what everyone’s complaining about,” but we’re not buying it. Like the best neighborhood bars, the Maplewood staple is a labor of love by bartenders turned co-owners Eliza Coriell and Kenny Snarzyk, and it shows. Despite off-color drink names like Sexual Chocolate and Don’t Make Me Cuke, we don’t hear anyone complaining. Here are nine reasons to go now.
1. Rotating taps feature solid local and regional beer like Logboat Brewing Co. Flybye, a farmhouse ale.
2. Local music lovers can catch the River Kittens performing live every other Tuesday at 8 p.m.
3. Jalapeno Gouda cheese sauce
4. The back patio deck is a haven for dogs and the people who love them. Water bowls, treats and adoring staff await your pup.
5. Everyone can feel at home here. The eclectic crowd includes Maplewood locals, raucous 20-somethings, post-work young professionals and retirees catching up. You’re as likely to compare tattoos with your neighbor as you are Cardinals hats.
6. Metal Brunch rocks out Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Try the Bowl of Slop – hash brown casserole with cheese sauce, sausage and an egg; it’s everything you want – and wash it down with an A+ bloody mary.
7. The menu offers lots of vegetarian and vegan options. Even meat-eaters obsess over the fried tomato sandwich.
8. There’s always something strange going on, from Arbitrary Judgment trivia to Halloween in June parties.
9. Waffle fries!
Heather Hughes is managing editor and Michelle Volansky is senior production designer at Sauce Magazine.
More stories like this
5 things we're using in our kitchens right now
From kitchen tools to banana bread preferences, here’s what’s getting art director Meera Nagarajan through her ...
Gamlin Whiskey House and Sub Zero Vodka Bar in the Central West End to close permanently
Sub Zero Vodka Bar and Gamlin Whiskey House in the Central West End in St. Louis, ...