Recipe: Scape's Toasted Nut & Honey Grits
Eaten a dish at an area restaurant that you’d do just about anything to make at home? Email us at email@example.com to tell us about it. Then let us do our best to deliver the recipe By Popular Demand.
Scape stopped serving its delicious honey nut grits a while ago. The taste and texture of the dish was perfect. I would love the recipe! – Jennifer Poindexter
Toasted Nut & Honey Grits
Courtesy of Scape American Bistro’s Eric Kelly
2 oz. pecans, chopped
2 oz. walnuts, chopped
2 oz. pine nuts
2 oz. slivered almonds
2½ cups heavy cream
2½ cups chicken stock
1 cup stone-ground grits
3 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
4 Tbsp. lavender honey*
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Toast the nuts in the oven on a cookie sheet until golden brown, about 6 to 7 minutes. Cool on a rack.
• Once cool, place the nuts in a bowl and mix evenly.
• In a small saucepan, bring the cream and stock to a simmer over moderate heat. Slowly whisk in the grits.
• Stir constantly for 12 to15 minutes until completely cooked. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheese.
• Spoon the grits into a large warmed bowl. Sprinkle with 2 ounces of the toasted nuts (Store remaining nuts in a sealed container in the refrigerator.), then drizzle with lavender honey.
*Lavender honey can be purchased at all Straub’s locations, straubs.com
Scape American Bistro
48 Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, 314.361.7227, scapestl.com
More stories like this
Recipe: Apple-Cheddar Turnovers
These sweet and savory apple-cheddar turnovers are easy to make thanks to premade puff pastry dough.
7 Mediterranean recipes from Ben Poremba's Olio
Olio owner Ben Poremba and executive chef Ben Grupe have mastered the relaxed, fresh flavors we’re ...