Cooking with Chocolate's Basic Cake Batter
5 Tbsp. butter
2¼ cups cake flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1¼ cups sugar
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup minus 1 Tbsp. whipping cream
To flavor, your choice of vanilla, citrus zest, etc.
1 loaf pan, 10 in.
• Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line the loaf pan with parchment paper.
• Melt the butter and set it aside.
• Sift the flour with the baking powder.
• Whisk the sugar, eggs, salt and cream together in a mixing bowl.
• Stir in the sifted flour and baking powder until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
• Stir in the melted butter.
• Add the flavor of your choice, if using.
• Pour the batter into the lined pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Check for doneness with a cake tester or the tip of a knife, which should come out dry.
How moist or crisp it is depends on how you store it. Wrapped in plastic film, it will be moist; unwrapped, it will have a slight crunch when you bite into the crust.
Tags : Cake