Boss Lady Brownies with Goat Milk Frosting
1½ cups unsalted butter, divided
2 cups white granulated sugar
3 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
4 fresh duck eggs
½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. cocoa, divided
1 cup flour
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 lb. powdered sugar, divided
3 Tbsp. goat or whole milk
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Melt 1 cup of unsalted butter, reserving the remainder.
• In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Stir in the duck eggs, one egg at a time.
• In a separate bowl, combine ½ cup of cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt.
• Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring until blended.
• Pour the batter into a lightly greased 13-by-9-inch pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
• Meanwhile, make the frosting: Place ½ pound of powdered sugar in a mixing bowl and set aside, reserving the remainder.
• Melt the remaining ½ cup of butter in a heavy saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa and the milk, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat immediately.
• Pour the butter mixture over the powdered sugar in the mixing bowl. Stir. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and additional powdered sugar until you reach your desired thickness.
• Allow the frosting to set for 1 hour before using.
• Allow the brownies to cool completely before frosting. For the best flavor, frost the brownies and let them rest, covered, overnight in the refrigerator.
Tags : Chocolate